Motorcycle Insurance in Ocala, FL
Just as car drivers need auto insurance, motorcyclists need motorcycle insurance. Riders can enjoy cruising on the open road even more when they know they are financially protected.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance typically offers the following types of coverages:
- Liability insurance may help cover bodily injury and property damage you may cause to other people in an accident.
- Collision insurance may help cover damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help pay for damages caused by an event other than a collision, such as a fire, theft or vandalism.
- Coverage for customized parts may help cover optional accessories on a motorcycle, such as chrome parts, custom paint work, trailers or sidecars.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help pay for damages to you, your passengers and your property caused by another driver if they are not adequately insured.
How Much Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need?
Each state has different specific requirements when it comes to motorcycle insurance. It’s essential to speak with a local insurance provider to determine what coverages are legally required for your particular location. Additionally, if you’ve financed your motorcycle, your lender may require you to carry a certain amount of coverage.
Do You Have to Pay for Motorcycle Insurance All Year?
If you live in a place that experiences winter weather which prevents you from enjoying riding your motorcycle for weeks at a time, you may have the option to cancel your policy, reduce coverage or increase your deductible. Each option may save you money on motorcycle insurance costs; however, altogether canceling coverage may result in fees or penalties because most policies have a one-year term.
Motorcycle Insurance Quote in Ocala, FL
If you need a quote for motorcycle insurance, contact Affiliated Agency Insurance. We can help discuss your insurance needs and get a quote for a policy that’s right for you.